Saturday, August 12, 2006

Planning...

This evening the phone rang, and it was my cousin who called to talk about Aunt. G. Not only am I the point man in this issue - I am also the spiritual guide for the younger men in the family who come to me for spiritual guidance and support.

I am not worthy, I guess God thinks better of me.

Sister G. is getting tired and she is preparing herself to make the journey. People are talking about Thanksgiving, I told them, in real terms, what my observations were. I don't think my younger family was ready to hear it, but I had to tell them the truth. We had a discussion about the funeral and what we were supposed to do. Tomorrow hubby is coming with me to the Mother House to have the "discussion" with her superior. My French sucks and I need someone who can help me do this and not loose my mind.

I am not ready to do this, but I guess God thinks I am.

There are no other family members here in the city, and the brothers and sisters are all elderly and live in New Brunswick, so I guess it falls to the younger men of the family to stand up and do the right thing. I have not faced a family funeral in over a decade. I don't know how I am going to handle this. I am not loosing a parent, I am loosing someone who holds a serious place in my heart and spiritual journey. God has blessed Sister G and I these past few years and for that I am grateful. God help me and may he guide Sister G. to her heavenly inheritance.

May God help us walk the rest of this journey.

I will update this tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wanda said...

God be with you all and grant you peace.

1:27 AM  
Blogger CanEragon said...

Thank you Wanda, your prayers are greatly appreciated.

Jeremy

4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home