Monday, July 17, 2006

Is it me or what...? The universe is INSANE!!!

I have this Race and Ethnicity class twice a week, taught by a little Asian man who speaks in broken Engrish. He has not lectured but maybe 2 hours since class began. He gave us a study sheet of question topics for the multiple choice midterm exam which is Wednesday afternoon.

I did all the reading, I spent all weekend and this afternoon finishing up typing up my notes on a Word Document. ALL 26 Freakin pages of notes. I made a copy for my study partner since he's a cool dude, just because he's cool and I was feeling good today.

Now, 4th year student, knows how to do the job, does his readings and has his notes all in an order following the sheet teacher gave us. I walk into class this afternoon and he says to me, "No you can't use typewritten notes, onry written notes on papah." If I let you use your typewritten notes then I have to let whole crass use typewritten notes!! No not fair !!

B U L L S H I T !!

I sat there for maybe an hour listening to student piss and moan that they could not find the answers to the questions and that none of them had done the reading and they did not know how to study for the multiple choice exam. One cannot FAIL a multiple choice exam! It is theoretically impossible unless you are one serious DUMB ASS!! I packed my bag and my study partner and I walked out of the review section.

So I typed out my notes, and I pay a price for that? Do I need drama like this? Jesus H. Freakin Christ, all I need is a gen-ed credit! NOT to mention that this prof is testing us on material he has never covered in class. He never lectured on any of the reading material from the book, except a light discussion on race themes and multiculturalism in Canada over three classes! I took 26 pages of notes - From 110 pages of reading. It took me 48 hours to type them up AFTER I did all the reading.

AM I INSANE
or something?


Can we not have some sanity?

OMG!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

I just hope you will have the opportunity to let the prof have it when it comes time to review the class... that is unbelievable

11:26 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

its you..hahahahahahahhahahahahahaha

love ya boy!

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Deborah said...

you should have stick up to history of post-confederation canada...the teacher has just unloaded our pile of homeworks. And it's an interesting class. Not too much notes, not too much readings actually (since she cutted in the reading stock.
Since tomorrwow, it's your mid-term, lets plan for a nice cup of coffee next monday. how's that? just before your classes...

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home