Friday, July 21, 2006

Flashback ...

So I gave you the theme of tonight's epistle... 9 to 5 ... which is playing now on M-Pix The Movies Channel. YAY !!! So did you sing the song with me, did you have flashback's of the 1980's and where was I when this movie made it to HBO in those years. That was the first movie I watched the very first day that Cable Television came to the home I lived in as a kid.

After my little rant last night, and the storms were raging over the city of Montreal, I crawled into bed with a good book and read until I fell asleep. It was really nice to turn everything off and just have a couple of hours with nothing to do but flip pages. I worried about myself and how I felt emotionally and I slept on it. I actually slept last night, which was remarkable.

I got up this morning, and I was pleasantly calm. They say One step at a time, right? One step at a time. I went grocery shopping with the ladies and they kept saying to me, just shop, ignore the fact that we are following you all over the store. So I have this little mental list in my head, you know just the basics, nothing grandiose because I am not paying for this today. I feel guilty as hell all out, I made one circuit of the meats and produce ... and I guess these women though I should have at least one of everything. We have to make sure you are fed !! Don't want you to go hungry now, do we? UGH... ok, ok, why don't you all shop for me.

So after an hour in the store and a huge shopping cart full of food, we checked out and they helped me carry 10 bags of groceries up to the elevator in my building. I've not shopped like that for food like that in months. So the fridge is full of food, I don't know how I can repay their kindness. Oh well, I guess I should just keep on keepin on... and be grateful.

I guess that when God sees you need something, he sees fit to make it happen. There are no coincidences. I have great friends. and God is great and good and never ceases to amaze me.

I posted some links below earlier today of some music. I tend to forget my love of music when life has got me down, and I was reading a friends blog this morning, and he had a song on his site that I really liked after listening to it from LifeHouse... You and Me, I guess it speaks of how I think of You and Us.

Cue the music....

Workin' 9 to 5 ...

3 Comments:

Blogger Vonnie said...

Isn[t it wonderful to have good friends. About 20 years ago we were very broke and a lady from our church brought us groceries and a homemade pie. I still remember that pie. Sometimes it is hard to accept help, but remember it makes them feel that they are helping, and sometimes we really don't know what to do for someone.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

oh Jeremiah..its 3 in the morning and i have been busy all day..I have been thinking of you all day....I love these ladies and what they did for you today!!

Vonnie is right, what a blessing you were to them to let them feel that they had been His instrument today...

4:16 AM  
Blogger Echo Mouse said...

Jeremy, I'm late to this and your earlier post. I had no idea this was going on. Just don't be afraid or ashamed. You WILL get through this. {{HUG}}

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home