Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The Power of the Light...

Today I cried...

It came without sound
they fell from my eyes
I didn't try to hide the emotion
standing there with Nick
sitting outside the church in the photos

Louise, the Grande Dame of my home group
I call her Madame Bijoux...
22 years sober - I love her more
than she will know

In Hospital tonight
after a serious operation
is the the Big "C"
I don't know - she didn't say

She said she would call
when the drugs wore off

Where is the Light,
Where is the Light?
We ask for light and grace
God give us Light...

Rushed into surgery
6 weeks early
Waiting lists you see
God is gracious
The angels heard our prayers
and they moved heaven and earth

I started the meeting with light
and a prayer
I ended the meeting in the circle
hands joined, bowed heads
solemnly we asked God for grace
once again I asked for light
and we said a prayer
"Our Father...we begged"
hear us

Maybe tomorrow we will know
if it is or not

If God is good
all will be well
if all is not well
then God's will be done

today, I cried...

Haven't we suffered enough?

God grant us the Serenity to Accept
the things we cannot Change
The Courage to Change the things we can
and the Wisdom to know the Difference

3 Comments:

Blogger fatty ~ said...

thank you for this post. I'm at an emotional crossroads and it helps me.

9:24 AM  
Blogger fatty ~ said...

thank you for this post. i see my emotions reflected in it.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Carmi said...

I will pray for Louise, for her recovery, and for those who love her and look to her for guidance and support.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home