Friday, June 30, 2006

On being Naked and Sacred...

I guess I owe you an explanation of where this came from tonight. I've been talking to a Irish Faerie as of late and we have some incredible discussions about religion, theology, humanity and divination of sorts. I am working towards a journal entry that will be submitted for consideration in the Fall for Trebor Healey Queer and Catholic Anthology - The Haworth Press scheduled for publication mid 2007. (This IS a big deal) even one of my profs is thinking of submitting to this anthology. I'm finally writing in the Big League's...

I am stretching my writing legs and bringing up some thought on the subject of being queer and Catholic. There is some pretty potent stuff here to digest so reader beware - this is not meant for eyes that cannot handle brutal truth and honesty. Sacred spirituality brings with it carnal knowledge and I do not shy away from the truth - even if it is too much information for some.

Hindsight is an important tool to Divine the Sacred from the Profane. And you can't have the Sacred without the Profane, they go hand in hand, like the Yin and Yang...

Because it is within the act of the Profane that the Sacred is made known for some.

This piece was written from a place of divine worship and reverence. Memere is a sainted woman in my life and she sits among those who are holy in my book of saints and blessed.

I did not intend for this piece to be so long - but once I started writing I could not stop until the writing was finished. I guess with time comes wisdom and with wisdom comes understanding and with understanding one may find forgivness and compassion. Tested by faith, vetted by the fires of time and experience.

Graduation is now 12 months away...

Decisions - Decisions...

1 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

Jeremy...you have such a gift with words..

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home