Friday, June 02, 2006

Mama said...

Mama said there'd be days like this
there'd be days like this mama said...
mama said - mama said...
Mama said there'd be days like this
there'd be days like this my mama said!!

******************************

Have you ever had one of those days where - you forgot what day it was for hours at a time, and you made phone calls and plans with people and you later realized that you were 24 hours off? I ran some errands today and did some work and on the way home I ventured into the Provigo on the corner for a brief "Power Shop" for the weekend. Mama loves to power shop for basically anything. Learning how to shop and eat when you live in a downtown centre is very important. This lesson was not wasted, and took time to perfect coming from a suburban lifestyle with HUGE grocery stores to shop at in the states. Grocery stores in our area are not huge, like some in the 'burbs.' So you learn what is available and how to plan and execute meals within budget. So, me's went to Provigo and shopped like a manwoman on a hunt for bargains!!

I then set out for Vendome metro, (which is 2 lines away by metro - green to orange line, its easier to go underground than sit on a bus in traffic to cross the city), to my favorite all natural food store to pick up some buckwheat flower to make "Pluggs" an old family recipie that was passed on to me by my grandmother, may she rest in peace! You may call them crepes, to me they are sacred food. One must use real buckwheat flower and active ingredients.

1 cup BW flour
1/4 to 1/2 cup white flour
1/2 cup cold water
1/4 TSP. salt
1/2 TBSP. baking powder
1/2 cup hot water

pour onto hot griddle or non stick pan
they should cook on one side fully
Tasty!!!



I took the train home again and as I walked down the sidewalk I passed a Blockbuster Video store having a sale on previously viewed movies. Well now, you know mama can't pass up a bargain anywhere! I was going to walk past and just come home, but I was stopped in my stride by Resse Witherspoon in Vanity Fair, so I just could not pass that up. I also got a copy of Spanglish with Adam Sandler and Tea Leoni. I think that is one his finest movies.


And Finally, I just could not walk past a copy of
"Memoirs of a Geisha"


So now I am watching my movies, and waiting on dinner
Have a good night babies...
Tomorrow I will have a review of
"The DaVinci Code" for you

T.T.F.N.

1 Comments:

Blogger Echo Mouse said...

I loved Spanglish, even though the critics panned it. Anything with Tea Leoni is a fav. She cracks me up. I like Sandler too. He was really good in that Spanglish - rather surprised me!

Anyway, that 24 hour thing...I did that in college. Showed up at a fellow students home to get working on our project and it was only Sunday. And it was 7 am. He was hungover and not at all happy I showed up. LOL I've never forgotten it.

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home