Saturday, June 03, 2006

Kindness, Clarity and Insight...


You know, I think I am becomming a Buddhist.

Over the past little while I find myself returning to certain truths and practices that have served me and my students well. (Yes YOU) Are you gettin me? Trying to change ones life entails alot of work. And I do work every day to be a better person, and to teach simple truths that will hopefully get us all somewhere in the end...

Quitting smoking has been tough and really rough. I have had many moments of utter INSANITY and as well, within the insanity, comes moments of clarity. Recovery brings with it the roller coaster of emotional work, study and change. I have a girlfriend named Nancy, who just makes me smile - she is one truly amazing woman. My great friend Ms. Nikki is my rock of support, she is one of my many mothers. anyways where was I....

oh yes, Buddhism

I bought another book today called Kindness, Clarity and Insight by the Dalai Lama. I think that as life goes on in my 'daily world' that I am the eternal student of world religions. I like the Eastern ways of thinking because they are so different from Western cut and dry religions. I will share with you what I find in this book and we'll see where we go from here. There is a way of life that I am trying to find within myself.

All I know is Buddhist meditation has helped me a great deal through these past few weeks. You can take a stroll through many of my bloggers of world religions -----> over there, such as (
Tysonwilliams.com) I just realized that I read about this book on his sight earlier today, and when I saw the book this evening after the movie, I picked it up and bought it, I had not remembered seeing the title today before entering the book store.

That's all from me tonight...

TTFN

1 Comments:

Blogger Echo Mouse said...

I can see you as a Buddhist more than a Catholic, let me just say that. But regardless, if the Buddhist way appeals to you, and works for you, I say follow it. I personally have tried to follow it for years now. Nothing makes more sense for me.

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home