Thursday, May 25, 2006

Quit Update...

It is almost 10 pm on Thursday night, and I am three days into my "Quit." the thought of a cigarette flits through my brain throughout the day, yet I haven't had a desire to pick up a ciggy YET. It's ok today. I haven't been very moody. I have kept it under control. I am not jittery or anything crazy. My litte bag of candy has been useful - but I have't had a great deal of craving at all. I mean I just finished dinner and I am sitting here typing and yeah a smoke would feel good about now, but naw, who cares, I don't NEED a smoke. Does this make me unique? or should I be crawling the walls like a maniac - jonesing for a ciggy?

I have a friend who deal with some insatiable cravings for the drink and I guess she reminds me of just how bad it could be, not to mention Bitter Bernadette, she is one ornery alcoholic, she is one militant little british lady who has daggers for me. When she quit smoking she got evil - and I told her, you better quit for the right reason and you better be prepared. Trying to quit smoking inside the first year of Sobriety is never suggested, rather it is frowned upon. One has too much to think about to try and do both at the same time. She started smoking again !! I haven't seen her in a long time, since before christmas because I called her on her shit one night.

Oh well, I could be angry and bitter and ornery like some, but I'm not and But for the grace of God, I could be them... but I'm not...

I'm ok.
Just for today !!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Echo Mouse said...

Congratulations on quitting Jeremy! I knew you could do it. :)

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home