Wednesday, May 17, 2006

15 days and counting...

In fifteen days in the Province of Quebec - Smoking will be banned in all public bars, restaurants, clubs and public indoor spaces. Like before when I attempted to do this, I failed. I guess I did not "work the program" so to speak. Tonight I joined an online support group provided by

Health Canada
you can find that link
HERE.


My quit email subscription begins tomorrow and my quit day is 12 days from tomorrow. That would be the 30th of May - one day shy of the smoking ban going into effect. I took an online survey and read it completely and I bookmarked my results so I can use the data to help me get to the quit date and go smoke free.

I HAD been able to put together a few 24 hours without a cigarette in the last month - but that craving just killed me into smoking again. Seany wrote about his quit method and sites to help him quit and I looked on his blog and checked out the sites he had listed. Canada is in the quit game too. With smoking bans marching across Canada - they offer services provincially to those who want to quit. You can navigate all that information from the Health Canada link above.

So peoples - it begins again. If this past weekend was as bad as it gets then tomorrow I will be free and clear to "get up and try again, one day at a time!"

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change
the courage to change the things I can
and the wisdom to know the difference

grant me patience with things that take time
appreciation for all that I have
tolerance for those with different struggles
and the strength to get up and try again
one day at a time...

3 Comments:

Blogger Gypsy said...

good luck to us all.
thanks for the link.
no hard feelings, ok?

3:05 AM  
Blogger Echo Mouse said...

Thanks for these links. And I know you can do this :) {hug} Now if only *I* can do it too, life will be good eh? lol

12:09 PM  
Blogger Seany said...

Thanks for the link Jeremy.

I was about to wish you the very best of luck but quite honestly, I don't think it's as much about luck as it is just really wanting to stop. I suspect it was my determination to beat my last record of 2.5 years that spurred me on initially, but now I wouldn't thank you for one anyway.

I particularly like your idea of stopping before the deadline, ensuring that the decision to quit will always be yours rather than it being forced upon you.

Keep us posted with your progress!

Seany

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home