Friday, April 14, 2006

It's Friday...But Sunday's a coming!!

I have waited 40 days and nights to say that phrase and use it in correct context as it was meant to be. The Great Tony Campolo uses this sermon in one of the greatests films I had ever seen as a young person on a retreat over 20 years ago. But oh, how this thought has carried throughout my adult life.

It's Friday, and they've killed my Lord...
But Sunday's a coming.

My Lord hung on the cross...
But Sunday's a coming.

The crowd begins to get active,
the "Amens" and "preach brother"
are heard throughout the chapel.

My Lord has died and is in the tomb...
But Sunday's a coming.

It is dark today, there are clouds shading the sun...
But Sunday's a coming.

My Lord is DEAD...
but Sunday's a coming.

It is good Friday...
but Sunday's a coming.

IT's FRIDAY...
BUT SUNDAY'S A COMING.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home