Saturday, March 25, 2006

Finito...

With great pleasure I am happy to annouce that I finished my paper for my religion class this evening. Being home alone and a little christian music (Steven Curtis Chapman) I sat down and finished the paper in three sittings over the last 3 nights, edited, spell checked and complete. I won't bore you with detail, but suffice to say it is a methodological religious homosexual read of John Paul II. My methods class has been a great informant and teacher.

This is the first paper that I left up to spirit to write. I did not fret over it, nor did I get analytical or crazy in writing it. I just let the words fall on to the paper and speak for themselves. Whatever the grade will be the grade, I am not stressing over it. I gave it all the help it needed from original source material and books from both the library and from class. I think it reads quite well. I am not a scholar or a master at writing, and I've accepted that. However, I have since my methods class started become more confident in speaking my mind on paper and exploring my critical vision and questions about a given text. I hopefully demonstrated that in this paper. Every paper written for me is a learning experience, especially when a good grade comes of it. I've been on this journey long enough to know how to write a scholarly paper and get the prof to rise in his seat while reading it. So we will see what this paper graners.

What else.......

I spent last night reading an old text written by John Paul II, well it was a list of questions that were given to him by an Italian Reporter who was supposed to interview the late Pontiff early in his papcy, which fell through. So this text is a sort of "conversation" with the Pontiff with questions about a great many ideas and questions - the text is called Crossing the Threshold of Hope. I stayed away from the other biographical texts for this project. I had enough of Cornwell and the Memory and Identity text. There have been numerous television presentations on John Paul Ii after his death, and most recently last weekend on the Biography Channel. I have all of these shows on tape so I have enough background on him.

Movies.....

We rented "Good Night and Good Luck" which was a really fantastic movie, based on the drama surrounding Joseph McCarthy in the 1960's. It is in black and white and reminiscent of the times when I was growing up in the NorthEast. Highly recommended!!

The other film we rented was called "Capote" Fantastic movie. No wonder Phillip Seymour Hoffman won the oscar for this role. There were special features with the dvd that explained the back story, how Phillip got into character and how they got certain shots. It was an incredible film. If you have not seen either of these films - go rent them.

Did I mention I really need a haircut???

I need to start dinner so Ima gonna boogie...

ttfn...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home