Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Waiting for the mailman

I went to bed last night around 2:30 a.m. after a rousing episode of C.S.I. you know I can't get enough of Nick Stokes. I shut down the box and turned off the lights and crawled into bed to read, The Journey Home, a Kryon Parable, by Lee Carroll. I love that book. Before I realized it George Noory had told us on the radio that "we were at the top of the hour, and told his guest to hold on, it was 4:00 a.m. in the morning when I looked at the clock.

Peter roused himself out of bed at 7:30 this morning, as I cursed the sunlight and threw daggers at him for making noise during my best hours of sleep. That's what you get when the bathroom and closet are in the same room where the bed it! The next house/Apt. I live in will have separate spaces to sleep in! He is a morning man, I am the nightowl. The only reason I get up early is to go to class.

So it's 10 a.m. and I rouse myself out of bed because I have been waiting for a package to come in the mail for a week now, and it is not here yet. Dammit!! So I do some morning reading, get the news around the world, read a few blogs and start my day. You wanna hear something funny?

I thought I'd make a pot of coffee, we own one of those sure shot 2 cup thingamajiggies... I scrub the pot and clean out the old grinds, Peter never cleans the coffee pot, the dirtier the pot the better the coffee, that's why I drink coffee on campus. Anyways, I clean the pot, put in a new filter and coffee in the basket, I turn the pot on and come back here to read while the coffee percolates, right! so 20 minutes pass and I hear this hiss coming from the coffee maker and I say to myself, why isn't the coffee done yet? did you figure out what I forgot? (there was no water in the resovoir!) Me so stupid !! So now I am here drinking a piping hot cup of coffee.

DO you read the New York Times Online? thanks to OBLIQUITY, I do now. I feel so "Up on the times" so to speak. So now I read the BBC report, the New York Times online and whatever else floats my fancy. The N.Y.T is subscriber based so you'll have to open a Free Account! It takes a couple of minutes, but what a wealth of information! I feel so cosmopolitan.

So you read below that Krakow Archbishop Stanislaw Dziwisz, the former assiatant to John Paul II was elevated to Cardinal by Bulldog Ratzinger, Benedict the XVI, Heil Benedict! I applaud his elevation, he deserves the status.

Oh well, time for the midday news on CTV !! I will be back later for some other newsworthy bloggable information I am sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home