Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Olympic Glory - and Canada events

AAAOOOGAHH!!!
Canada Wins!!!
The world can just stand and
BEHOLD
the Hockey Masters
OF CANADA!!

YOU GO GIRLS...
And you give them All you Got
Celebrate and Kick some serious
Hockey Ass!!
Sweeter the win in 2010
when we get Home Ice and Host Country
ADVANTAGE!!!


*************************************

One of my fellow bloggers has informed me that it is Canada's National Flag Day. I can't tell you what this means to me, as a Canadian. When I first came to Canada, I did not have a TV and I used to listen to CBC at night before bed, and at the end of the day, with my little Canadian Citizenship booklet, I would sing the national anthem as cbc signed off for the night. I'm big on patriotism and I have immense pride for my home and for Canada. I sit and watch the Olympics and I get all misty listening to the anthem being played at a medals ceremony. I get choked up watching others hear their anthems play as well, The Swedish anthem played last night for the skiers called ( Du Gamla, Du Fria ) I got all weepy too. I think it is the highest honor to hear ones national anthem played at an event. So here is my flag. And I am proud to wave it !!


***************************************

CBC Report Below, read on...

The way the Canadian women's hockey team has been racking up goals at the Torino Olympics has some hockey players and fans shaking their heads.

In their first matchup of the Winter Games, Canada battered the Italian women 16-0. Not more than 24 hours later, they put 12 pucks past the Russians.

Some critics have said the Canadian women lack class, while others hold the view that the defending Olympic champions went to Turin, Italy, to play their best, and that's just what they'll do.

United States defenceman and three-time Olympian Angela Ruggiero says Team Canada should have toned down their game against Italy. Read the rest of the report HERE.

Wait till 2010 and Men's and Women's hockey teams kick major ass in Vancouver. You think things are "too overboard" in Torino, wait until we have HOME ICE and HOST NATION status.

You give em hell girls... beat them, grind them and waste them into the ice. You should be proud of the hard work you put into getting to the Olympics in Torino.

***************************************
Midterm update:
People and Personalities in Religion
John Paul II
Done - Finished - Easy Peasy
2 questions - 6 pages response
I think I did allright
AND I got a "B" on my JP-II Saints Paper
AAAOOOGGAAHHH!!!

One more class tomorrow
and 2 weeks to complete the Midterm
Next week - VACATION!!
What do poor boys do on Spring Break?
Stay home and museum Hop

The Luxury and Enlightenment of
Catherine the Great
at the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts


It's gonna be a Bright, Bright, Bright
Sunshiny day!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Echo Mouse said...

Happy Flag Day Jer :)

12:16 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

Museum hopping takes a little bit less time here in Lethbridge... so we decided to go skiing...

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home