Friday, February 03, 2006

Get up it's Friday !!

Rolling over and looking at the clock today at 11 am was met with the realization that it was really dark and dreary outside. There was no sun, the apartment was dark, and my Friday housework chores were met with a "why bother" there's no reason to get out of bed.

I always loose the debate when it takes place with a warm bed and a comfy pillow! Alas, I got up and came over to the "information portal" and perused the top stories of the morning and checked my mail. Peter was out at school so it was just me and the quiet. I can't wait for Winter to END, and the sun will come out for the entire day.

I spent the day cleaning house - in my best "housewife" persona. I passed the vacuum and scrubbed the bathroom from top to bottom, dusted, took out the trash and took my returnables down to the store. Montreal is a green city, if it can be recycled - then you recycle, paper, glass, aluminum, plastic and bottles. There are recycling machines at the Provigo and blessedly now they are keeping up with the flow of people.

I really enjoy grocery shopping since they remodeled the Provigo downstairs. It is just a beautiful and airy store with lots of new food and fresh veggies and fruits and assorted foodstuffs. So I got me a trolley and spent 45 minutes impulse shopping. Since they remodeled, it takes a little longer finding things - because everything is in new places. NOT to mention that the ailes are wider and the stacks reach over my sight and height lines. I was looking for shake and bake and for the life of me I could not find it. So like any good man will never admit, I asked for directions.

I asked one of the stock boys where it was and he directed me with a smile. You know I think we have the best staff working at this store, not to mention the lgbt factor as well. I went to the spot he directed me to, and there above my head was the item I sought. I usually don't search the high shelves for things - not usually. ** note to self** look up when shopping from now on.

I got home in time to watch Oprah. YAY !!

Did you happen to see Survivor, Panama - Exile Island last night?

I did.

This is going to be a great season.


What else? I have no idea...

Lemme go make my shake and bake - with some fresh corn of the cob and roasters!!

Maybe a good dinner will inspire me to write something witty and fantabulous.

I have to thank a few people who wrote to me about my "drama" post from Tuesday. You both know who you are. Thanks, it means a great deal that you took the time to write.

And for the rest of you readers, I know that I am getting traffic from all over the place, drop a note and say hello!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Echmouse said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better and taking time to do things you enjoy. That movie is news to me so that's for that link. :)

I taped Survivor so I haven't seen it yet. It will be interesting to see if I can handle watching it this season ;)

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home