Sunday, January 01, 2006

Sober and simple

It's amazing how simple news years eve is once one stops drinking. There are no huge parties, no loud drunk friends to manage and navigate. No desire to brave the cold and snow to find the "hottest party" in Montreal. Peter made a fantastic dinner - which was served in candlelight - and we broke out our "flutes" from the wedding and drank from them, (soda of course) ...

We settled in to watch television, surfing from one new years special to another. Although the Return of Dick Clark was a must. Growing up with Dick Clark, as many have said, is something to be proud of. For the whole of my life, Dick has counted me into each new year, even when I could not remember a few of them. It was bittersweet to see him last night, having recuperated enough from his stroke to make the telecast. Knowing personally what a stroke takes away and how much work it takes to battle back, made me very proud of Dick last night, he is so courageous and strong, and I wish him a great 2006, with even more recovery. It was good to see you Dick !! Very Good.

We had our flutes filled with Diet Ginger Ale... a very pale mixture akin to that of champage, less the buzz, and as Dick counted down we toasted and kissed, and then it was over. No fanfare No noise makers, no party and no excitement. I guess I am getting old! UGH.

There was nothing substantial on television to watch last night, except reruns of the Aliens series on 2 channels - even the television parties ended shortly after midnight here on television. All the Canadian Parties on A channel and City TV ended right after midnight. I guess it was too cold to stay outside much longer. And what was it with Mariah Carey's BOOBS? Did they get Humungous or is it just that I haven't seen her in as many years up that close? WHOA !! I mean she is too hot for words - and in that little dress in an "Oh So Cold New York City!!" But Boobs, Boobs and more Boobs... he he he

At 1 a.m. we retired to the bedroom! and the personality of Art Bell and the Coast to Coast Radio
show from Nevada. Last night was the second night of his 2006 predictions show. I listened to the show until 4:30 in the morning when I finally passed out. So that's it !! It's great not waking up with a massive hangover!

I need to go run a few errands, so I am outa here until later tonight, I might give you some food for thought then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home