Friday, November 04, 2005

The Historian

I went shopping this afternoon and I picked up a few items of interest. This new novel, called "The Historian," written by Elizabeth Kostova. The other night I heard one of our on air personalities interview the writer. It seems this book will be translated to the big screen and is getting raved reviews in the United States. As I love the Vampire novels and have read almost everything that I could find over the last 12 years, I have become quite the connoisseur of the Vampire Stories. I have a wide collection of books written by a multitude of authors.

There is something erotic about the blood drinker. I got hooked after Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles made it to my reading list, not to mention "Interview with the Vampire," That came out in theatres just after I was diagnosed many years ago.

Along with my book, I went to Metro Video to pick up copies of Star Wars - Episode III Revenge of the Sith and the new Titanic, Collectors edition (3 DVD) set. I went to "The Bay" and I purchased the entire china pattern that Peter selected for our wedding last year. We could not afford it all at once so the registry was converted into an Anniversary Registry now. I got a sweet deal of 15% off the entire collection on top of the discount I get with the registry itself. So the entire set cost me less than $150.00 for the Japanese Noritake China Set. It is quite nice.

So that is my take for the day. It is cold, and last night i heard the word SNOW escape the mouth of the news announcer on CJAD. Yet, tonight, we see no hint of snow on the Environment Canada website as of this hour. But if it gets cold enough over night we could see flurries in the city. I'm sure the "white stuff" is falling in the mountains and in the Eastern Townships. I am off to watch "Titanic" after the CTV news.

It's 11 p.m. do you know where your children are???


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home