Monday, August 01, 2005

Simplicity

It was a great days yesterday. Peter gave me balloons and a beautiful card, and he smiled alot yesterday, which was really nice. We spent the better part of the day lounging on the sofa, we do that alot, we watch tv, it is a practiced art. With our Digital link up, we can "block" programs for hours at a time...

Yesterday afternoon, I decided that I would cook us a really nice dinner, hence a field trip to the IGA up the block from here at Alexis Nihon, it's 4 blocks from home. If i had a superman arm, I could throw a rock from our balcony down across the space between us.

"Chef at Home" Michael Smith won for recipie of the night. Roast Turkey breast Marinated in brown sugar, sage and nutmeg... Roasted over a bed of carrots with the usual turkey suspect side dishes. It was heavenly.

After dinner we cuddled on the sofa for the Amazing Race (season 2) and several re-runs of C.S.I. Las Vegas and Miami. One can never have too much C.S.I. I think we have seen every single episode of all three series. ( Except Episode 3 of season 4 Miami )

At 1 a.m. we decided to head to bed. And so it went. WE curled up in bed, Peter snuggled over towards my side of the bed and he fell asleep. I grabbed a book and sat there and read until I was tired enough to sleep, which is usually around 3:30, when my pills have fully kicked in.

There is nothing more pleasing than to end a night curled up in bed with da honey, no noise, no radio or tv, just the rise and fall of Peter's chest and a good book.

What could be better !! than to sleep next to the one you love !!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home