Thursday, July 28, 2005

A week of Pride

Many cities around the world, are celebrating "PRIDE."

Once again, the world is made to notice the people who make up the LGBT communities, and the comments are coming up as they always do. "Well, why do you gay people have to throw your lifestyle up in our faces?" and "why do we have to give you rights and freedoms like the straight community?" Because YOU need to know that WE are HERE we are QUEER so you better get USED to it.

Heterosexual - bigoted - homophobic - fundamental christians - will never succeed in deterring, marginalizing or belittling the community that I / we / belong to.


We have seen in Iran, the hanging of two young boys who were gay. And we have seen the beating and killing of gay people in the United States and Europe. We are not safe anywhere. The christian's are afraid that we will "taint" the ever delicate "gene-pool" of the straight - heterosexual - marriage pool. We are feared by many as abominable creatures who could not possibly love another person and maintain a long term relationship. It is sad that the world cannot move into the new age of relationships as easy as some countries have begun to do.

As a young boy, I was taught to respect my elders and I was also taught that trust was earned by the actions of every person. I learned over time that not many "adults or elders" deserved my respect or my trust. Later in life, I learned that to trust ones government was something I began to question. I lost my respect for government and institutions that I once held dear.

I think it is important to understand who we (you) are. It is a tall order to (begin to/learn to) look at the world around you with a critical eye. There are so many divisions in our respective cultures and societies. How does one find their footing in a world that is so unstable? Where do we find safe haven and places to live where we can be ourselves?

It seems to me that the world is starting to buckle under the pressure of necessary changes and the eventual acceptance of those with different struggles and lifestyles. Institutional religions "worldwide" are facing "like issues."

Killing in the name of any God is the highest disrespect one can give to their respective religion.

The killing of people who are different than the mainstream is socially repugnant. I cannot begin to tell you how disgusted I have become at the way the world treats, excludes and kills people for being gay, or have sex with someone of the same sex. What is the world coming to? An End I fear.

Religious groups need to understand that they do not get anywhere with their tactics of "do this or face the fires of hell!" That God has said that certain lifestyles are an abomination.

Taking the bible literally is a stretch - in using it to substatiate persecution of those who differ from the status quo. Falling into the trap of their bait is hazardous to ones mental abilities. Because what have we learned in the last few days? That christians want to enrage and anger us into confrontation, only to say, "see he gave in to the demon of anger and hate!"


I HAVE NO RESPECT for the christian right and their need to preach a social gospel to an entire world, who may not share their take on "social gospel." I find it totally and unequivocally UNACEPTIBLE behavior on their part to push their social gospel on people and countries that do not share their "religious truth."

That is the main reason that I will not identify any longer with any "christian" grouping. I will not share one iota of identity with a people who truly do not "behave nor live" as the Christ that i know would want us to.


You want my social gospel? here it is...

Live and Let live... If i do not share your "type" of faith life or practice then so be it. I don't have to accept your God or your Jesus, because to me, you surely don't show me Jesus in the ways you treat others who are not like you. Proselytizing the words of Jesus should be done with respect of Jesus and the comapssion of Jesus as well. The bible is NOT a history book, NOR a science manual. The bible sections, chapters and books, were written to a specific group of people during a specific time period when they were dealing with specific issues. We are not living in the times of Sodom and Gomorrah! And God is not going to "smote" entire cities and villages because gay people live in them. We are not living in Biblical times are we?

Yes, there are entire populations of Gay People who live and die to just have sex. Those who will never accept that lives have to change. There are men who go out and seek this kind of behaviour, and there are men who go out and have sex and willfully infect others with AIDS because they think that they will not get caught, which is unconscionable behaviour. They give the LGBT community the black eye that christians are so apt to throw in our faces. "See look, they say, damn the entire community because the the actions of a few!" That, is guilt by association, I will not be associated with that kind of life or behaviour.

Straight people spread disease as well. Let's take a look at Africa, the patriarchy of infection and the treatment of women and children. christians bring up AIDS as Gods punishment, well then HE must be punishing alot of straight people as well!! Let's look at the way certain countries try to hide their sick, and not help their own (ie China and Africa and some other countries).

There are those (gays) who spit on some of us who have decided to settle down, get married, and start families. Even in Montreal our community is divided BY what it could be and that which it is. But you have to admit that there are now many L,G,T people who are living truly respectable and affirmable lives. The world is changing and acceptance is something that many of you out there are going to have to come to terms with eventually.

"Acceptance is the key to all my problems."


Religious groups are going to be forced to accept that they are fighting a loosing battle. I do believe that christain groups will one day loose many followers when those followers accept who they are personally, and when they come to the realization that "they don't need a scapegoat or an excuse to look at themselves" honestly and totally. Christian groups prey on the insecurities of people, by giving them affirmation and condemnation at the same time.

Come and pray with us, join our group and be safe under our wings! God loves you "IF ONLY" you do this, and you donate large sums of money to our churches. And IF you give us your tithe then we will pray for you and be assured that GOD will answer your prayers. And the only way that God will hear your prayers is if you join our religious movement. Become a bleeding heart Conservative Christian Republican and pray God you don't falter, and you will be enboldened and strengthened by His Hand!

People are so apt to follow someone stronger than themselves for the sheer fact that they cannot look at themselves honestly and make necessary changes to their lives to produce the gifts of the spirit. How many people have been made aware that THEY can be STRONG on their own with some faith and a true leader of Christ in their midst.

YOU DON'T NEED AN INSTITUTION TO BE IN GOD'S GRACE, AND YOU SURELY DON'T LIVE IN THE LIGHT OF GOD, JUDGING AND CONDEMNING MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN.

There are so many BULLSHIT christians out there, that I cannot even begin to count them. And that is one judgement that i will take to my grave.

If you wanted to be like Christ, then act like Christ. All this bullshit about the love of God is CRAP! If you loved God then you would find acceptance and love in and of the myriad of peoples on this earth.

You would live your life as God has told you to, and you would not push your faith on another because you need to "ramp up" the numbers in your congregations. The entire world is NOT christian. So stop trying to make it so...

GOD does not want "HALF MEASURE" Desciples.

Christians who cannot spread the word and love of the TRUE GOD should just give up the fight and call it a day.

If you are going to commit to practicing faith, shouldn't you decide that you would find the truth out for yourself, and not the truth of some preacher or teacher? BECAUSE I know some really good PREACHERS and TEACHERS. I know a few good PRIESTS as well.

No man or woman of faith would scoff at "anyones" search for God. That "anyone" would be someone who just might not be like you! Everyone has some concept of spirituality.

Religious groups who say that they speak for God are BULLSHITTERS!!

There are choice/certain "Preachers" who say that they talk to God and get answers from HIM, they are FULL OF SHIT!! Nobody has the direct 1-800 Number to heaven, because if there was one, I'm sure God would tell you how "DIS-PLEASED" He is with the way you treat your fellow man.

I have YET to hear from God directly. And I try to live my life according to a tenet of faith that ackowledges an existence of God that Jesus died for my sins, that I pray to this God and I treat others with respect and dignity. I share my wisdom and my faith.

But also I am not perfect. AND I am surely not Jesus !!

But i try every day to help another person, in that order is my husband, my family and friends then those who reach beyond my home. I do my best and I respect and walk humbly in the light of my God.


I do not preach some social gospel that says that "YOU" are damned to hell because you are Gay or a Lesbian or Transgendered. I don't believe that many christians really know what they believe. I don't believe that a christian, on their own, in the desert, would survive without a loud mouth "Hellfire and Damnation" preacher or teacher to follow.

I believe that if most christians really looked at themselves honestly with a microscope and they picked apart who they really were, and gave acceptance and tolerance a look up in the dictionary, AND they trusted and believed in those words, then THEY would find that WHO they were following was a MAN and NOT GOD!


I don't think that PRIDE is all that big of a deal. I know who I am, I don't need a party or a parade to prove to others what I am.

I have spent the better part of my life getting to know myself and being GAY was
who I was, it took a long time to get in tune with that truth. I had my battle with God because of all that christian BULLSHIT that was out there. I followed the God that i was brought up with.

That God who loved no matter what, THAT GOD who forgave no matter what, THAT GOD who loved me for who I was "END OF POINT!" Notice I said a GOD who loved me for WHO I was and not WHAT I WAS!!!


What I am - is a man, who just happens to be Gay.

I love my God and I follow the tenets of Christianity. I firstly, DO NO HARM. I pray, DAILY! I practice charity and forgiveness and I work at humility and faith every day. I participate in my sobriety and my community. I help those who need it when I see it or am called to be part of it. I don't condemn people for being different!

But I will call you a FAKE and a BULLSHITTER when you tell me that God finds me an abomination and does not love me because I am GAY.


You see TO THIS DAY, WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT GOD THINKS ABOUT L,G,T PEOPLE.

So I counter every word that every judgemental christian throws up at me or the community or group of people. HAVE YOU Christian, heard from God directly? Has he said to you "DIRECTLY, that HE HATES Gay or LESBIAN or TRANSGENDERED people?


God created man in HIS image. WHO we became as we grew up was set already. You cannot Unprogram a Gay or lesbian person, no matter how hard you try, or how hard all those "reprogramming" groups think they can. They just practice a severe form of personal denial and avoidance. WHY one would send a child to a reprogramming station is beyond me. You see it is not that we are GAY it is that YOU cannot accept us as being or becomming gay as we grow up.

Giving a child or young person an image that is abominable or unacceptable or negative is a true AFFRONT to the God who created you. That someone would put these kinds of thoughts in the mind of a young person is Unconscionable. It is the adults who have created these problems because of the social gospel that was forced down their throats in generations past.

SOCIAL GOSPEL is SOOOO Overrated !!!!!

So much of society's problems are based in the true fact that its not about "US" it is about YOU and YOUR PROBLEMS. Most People - bigots - homophobic - ignorant - judgemental - abusive - people have more problems with yourself, than you do with US. Because if you dissect any of these people, you will see that they are more focused on the flaws of another, than looking at the truth in themselves. What is it,

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank that is in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye (Matthew 7:3-5)."


If people took the time to look at their own issues of insecurity and sexuality and they began to really learn what acceptance and tolerance IS then the world would become a better place. I don't know about you, but there is a need to start preaching a new "Social Gospel."

There are many ways to live this life, as there are men, women and children on this earth. I don't believe that the christians will prevail for very much longer.

Because those of us who see you for who you are will continue to challenge you to start living true christian lives. AND if you succeed in "coming to believe" then acceptance and tolerance would become a social norm, and these divisions among the races, religions and groups would disappear.

The christian "WEST" will find that their INCURSION into areas that are not "christian" will have to end, before millions of people end up dying in a massive religious JIHAD.

Pride is an effort based on the need to make sure that a group is seen and heard. BUT, Pride, in its real definition begins with EACH of us Individually. Each person must come to realize and accept who they are for who they are. That being either Gay or Straight.

This notion of "less than" or "abominable" because of difference has to end.

If each child brought into this world were given the FREEDOM to explore themselves completely from the inside out, we would not have all these divisions in society. If men and women of the past were able to be honest with themselves instead of "copping and conforming" to the social gospel of a "straight laced christian" society (in the U.S.) then there would have been less racism and hate and bigotry.

There are two kinds of Pride... Which category do you fall under? They say Pride cometh before the fall... Be proud of who you are because that is WHO you are, don't cop to being proud of yourself because you "identify" with a certain group of people, because at the end of the day, the only person standing there will be YOU! YOU have to know who you are, that is your job in life, to know who you are, what you believe and how you choose to live.

Don't cave to the social gospel of your "fathers" just because you were told to. We all have to find our own social gospel. We all have to find our paths, and on that path, we eventually "come to believe in something or someone!" Just make sure that someone is telling you the truth and not lies and judgements.

GOD does not preach HATE...

God does not preach Bigotry, or Homphobia or Racism...

We do NOT KILL in the name of ANY GOD... by ANY Religion.

God is Love, and therefore we should Love one another as He has loved us.

One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?" "The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."
(NIV, Mark 12:28-31).






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home