Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Turning Points

... Half measures availed us nothing,
we stood at the turning point.
We asked his protection and care
with complete abandon...



Have you ever stood at a turning point?
Do you know what it feels like?
I do

This is the topic which was discussed tonight
Freaky how topics come up, when you most need them

It is with great trepidation I walk into the next day
and I wonder, what's on the other side
To step up to God and say, allright, here I go
I am walking into the night with only you to guide me
And so it went

I thought about this on the walk home,
rain softly falling, the trees wet and hanging
water falling gently from the leaves
I know what it feels like to stand at the Turning Point
I have met several of these in my life
And I digress for another post
I knew the truth and that day I took charge
and said, "well, it's time to face the music"
whatever that music may be

There was no denial
but there was alot of fear
I guess inside I knew that there was a God
and if it was his will, then so be it
but what was God's will
I still don't know, but I do my best every day
with what I have to give and that's all

Life can turn on a dime and you never know
when your turn is going to come, and isn't it safe
to always think before you jump or speak or choose
that next choice

I made a conscious decision to accept my fate
whatever that fate would be and I walked
courageously and boldly, trepidatiously and
fearfully ...

what will you do on that day???
*******************************

This was playing in my MP3 player
on the way home

Steven Curtis Chapman
What now...
from "All things New"

I saw the face of Jesus
In a little orphan girl
she was sitting in the corner
on the other side of the world
and I heard the voice of Jesus
Gently whisper to my heart
didn't you say you wanted to find me
well here I am, Here you are

So what now?
what will you do now that you've found me
What now?
What will you do with this treasure you've found
I know I may not look like waht you expected
But if you'll remember
This is where I said I would be
You found me
what now...

And I saw the face of Jesus
down on sixteenth avenue
He was sleeping in an old car
while his mom went looking for food
And i heard the voice of Jesus
gently whisper to my soul
Didn't you say you wanted to know me
Well, here I am, And it's getting cold
So come and know
come and know, know me now
Come, come and know, know me now
Oh, come and know
come, come and know
know me now
come, come and know, know me now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home