Saturday, July 30, 2005

This I Know is True

It was a quiet day at home today. We watched some movies and chilled out. This evening Peter made a simple dinner, which was nice and we ate as usual. After the Amazing Race, (Season 2) reruns, I took a shower.

While in the shower I began to think about my birthday and how much I have grown up. And this is what I have to share on that thought, since tomorrow is the "BIG DAY!"

  • I am not the boy I used to be.
  • I am not my father, by any stretch of the imagination.
  • It's not always about me!
  • I am happy with my life.
  • I have survived another YEAR with HIV and that is cause to celebrate!
  • I have learned alot about life, myself and those I choose to relate to.
  • I am a man of my word, action and honor.
  • People make their own decisions, and I don't always have to agree with them.
  • There IS life after 30, and there IS life after 35.
  • I have achieved things I never thought I would.
  • I did not compromise my morals in the choices I have made in my life.
  • I have no regrets.
  • You cannot choose your family, but you can be blessed with friends.
  • If I make it to my birthday, then I can make it to Christmas...
  • Life may not be easy, but you DO your best.

I may be different from many men in my social circle, and it took me a while to get here, But I can tell you this. When I decided that I was going to be who I wanted to be, and I worked on who I wanted to become, I guess you could say that I got "comfortable" in the desire to be a better man. For what ever it's worth, I did that.

I did not stay in a situation that was detrimental to my life. I left my comfort zone to enter into a totally alien way of life and made it mine and it worked for me, because I was able to "LET GO" of my expectations and I dealt with my resentments.

I chose to "Accept" that life was all about the Journey! And that If i kept walking that the pieces of the puzzle would appear before me as they needed to. And I have tried to follow that way of thinking for the last 4 years. And that worked for me.

We don't have to repeat the sins and decisions our parents made, BUT we can choose to walk along side men and women who are DOING the same thing we are, "the DOING of life!" the making of good lives, the making of wise decisions, the maintaining the clean and sober path.

Do your best, Live your best and Love your best...

Because we only have one life to get it right, mistakes are bound to happen, but if you can learn from them and avoid them for your future, then you will do fine. Share your wisdom with those who would listen, walk tall, but humble before your god, and pray for those on the journey with you.

Life is Beautiful... Stop and smell the roses !!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home