Wednesday, July 13, 2005

PLANTING ... (Jeremy's version)

It has been said that "If you build it, they will come!" I had a conversation with a friend this afternoon about life and the fact that I wanted to start doing something for myself, my community and my family. We talked about a few options and things we had in common. I guess the goal I have always believed in was this, "Somewhere, sometime, I will make my mark and leave a legacy for the future to let the world know that I was here, and I tried to help."

I have some contacts here in Montreal who would step up and help me with whatever I asked of them. Good friends are hard to come by, but I have to say that I have been blessed with a few very gifted and well connected friends.

I've wanted to start something, for a long time. So here's to the future "Let us pray" for guidance and success. I guess, Jayson would call this "Planting!" There is a need in my community where large gaps now reside. I hope, in the coming weeks, to have a plan of action put in place.

Life is all about the living and sharing of wisdom, faith and knowledge. I guess you could say that I am hoping to "Plant" something that will grow. It's time to put my money where my mouth is and really take a leap of faith, and see where this next step will lead.

How many "Christian/Multi Faith oriented, long term survivors, life skills teachers" are there in Montreal? With my time at Concordia, my fellows within the medical/psych field, my 37 years of life and 11 years of living with Aids, I have some foundation to stand on.

I've put a few calls into some of my "heavy hitters" this afternoon.

The ball is rolling.

God help me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home