Sunday, May 01, 2005

Sunday Gratitude

Ok, so it's raining in Montreal AGAIN! and I have spent the better part of three days doing absolutely nothing. Classes start this week for Summer Session, and I have made a full time commitment to the Chaplaincy program which means I cannot commit to anything until the final picks for the 25 positions are filled. So we start Canadian History (Post Confederation) and Native Traditions ( under the dept. of religion) this week. I like Summer session though, the campus is not as busy or noisy, the classes are smaller and one can relax, if only for a few minutes, because Summer Sessions 1 and 2 are so FUCKING SHORT, it is Cram, Cram, Cram for 6 weeks. AS long as I pass, I don't care.

The choices of "things to do" in Montreal when the weather is shitty out, gets lower and lower the longer the rain continues to fall. I have always said that I would rather it SNOW than rain. I don't have much of a social life outside the meetings and the drop in clinic. Who wants to go walk around the city in the rain !! How miserable.

My pigeon has flown the coop and I don't expect him to call until he hits bottom again. I don't chase errant pigeons. I've learned that lesson already. All I can do is pray he is still alive tonight. The disease of addiction is patient and sneaky.


Sunday, what did I do today... Well, I didn't go to church again this week. I just don't know where I stand on the religious landscape today. I think I am waiting for God to give me something. Anything. I am just in no hurry to go looking for God, I mean he's not lost, nor am I.
I guess you could say that my religious quest is on hiatus while I do some inner reflection about where i want to go from here.

Sunday is all about Extreme Makeover Home Edition, Grey's Anatomy, and throw in a dash of Desperate Housewives !! And you have a nights worth of television. There is something to be said for Ty Pennington and his Home Make over Team. I just sit and watch and I cry. Doing good just because we can is a noble quality. And I learn about humanity and gratitude as well.
I guess it is always important to remember to be greatful for sight, air, a roof over my head and food in my fridge.
I could do without the Desperate Housewives, but my husband likes them. Grey's Anatomy is a rockin show! I think it is better than most medical dramas on television.

Then again, I am happy with a warm cozy bed, a cup of hot tea and a good book and a few hours of complete silence just to listen to myself breathe as I read. This weeks read is "Light Before Day" by Christopher Rice. I'm not done with it yet, but it has been a good read, a very good read.

There's nothing wonderful going on here. And I guess I am typing to see myself type. So I am off the start of another week!

Gooonite from Montreal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home