Sunday, May 08, 2005

I wish you knew !!

Mother's Day will come as dawn lights up Montreal, and my mother will not know that I am waiting on the sun, again this morning. The phone will not ring, the mail will be empty. Another year passes by and I am unable to bridge the gap.

I wish you knew the man I have become, I wish you know how it hurts,
I wish you knew the things I have done, only to know that you were proud would be enough,
I wish you knew how far apart we are, the distance seems like a million miles,
I wish you knew the man I love, how we missed you on "that" day,
I wish you knew that I had lived and made the most of every day,
I wish you knew the way I felt - to be alone without you in my life.

I wish you knew the things I would say if only you would pick up the phone,
I wish you read the letters I wrote, if only that were true.
I wish you would leave the past behind and walk into the future with me
I wish that you would see that I am human and deserving of Love and Compassion,

I wish you knew how it pains me to think you are dead and lying in some grave,
To be told, not a phone call, a card would come, if either one of you were dead,
I wish you knew how that fucked with me and screwed up my already full head.

I wish you knew how your silence is killing me daily one hour at a time,
I wish you knew the damage you've done to my fragile and compassionate heart.

I wish you knew the people I know, they are such jewels in my crown
I wish you knew the people I love, who love me in return,
I wish you knew that wasted time is precious and unrelenting,
I wish you knew that once a moment passes it can never, never be regained,

I wish you knew the tears I have cried in sorrow for the failings that I have made,
I wish you knew the mountain i climb each day to stay clean and sober,
I wish you knew the Love of God, maybe then you would understand,
I wish you remembered that I am your son, and by that blood cannot be divided,
I wish you knew the thoughts, I wish in you, I could have confided,
I wish you knew how alone I feel, not know if you breath or are dead,
I wish you knew the torment this life is having on my head,

I wish you knew the man I am for one day before I die...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO MY BLOGGER MOMS !!

@@@@----------}-------}----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home