Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Substance

I posted the article about Peter Jennings earlier today, and I have spent the better part of the day thinking about him. Growing up with certain "personalities" such as he, has changed my perspective on how I see the world. I remember the nights I used to watch him carry the news after 9-11 and how some of my emails made it to his desk "on air." I was groomed to see the world through Peter's eyes. Because I spent the better part of my life, listening to him every single night of the week. I still watch World News Tonight every night since I moved to Canada. I appreciate all the he has given the world in his presence. I pray that he will come out of this and I know full well that chemo can take its toll on you. "Peter, you fight the good fight and keep your spirits up. Know that I am thinking about you."

********************************************************

I haven't posted a whole lot of personal stuff since the death of the Pope. But I see my traffic has more than tripled since last Saturday. Today was the last day of class for my Women in Christianity, and saying goodbye to Donald is never an easy thing. But we did have a lively discussion on where we think the church should go now, and how Christian history should be seen after studying women in Christianity.

*********************************************************

I have some harsh words for the church in regards to LGBT people, but out of respect I will keep my mouth in check until after the funeral on Friday. I have posted a few views from alternative press outlets, that should speak volumes to my readers. I was a human and a Catholic before I came out, so in that spirit I will respect the period of mourning.

*********************************************************

I have to finish writing a paper for my ethics class for tomorrow, and I need to eat dinner so I'm going to head out after I do some reading for the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home