Monday, April 18, 2005

New Visitors

Cheers this very fine evening. I see my stat counter reports that I am back in the "read" column. Welcome to my new blog listed bloggers - you can check the side board
------> over there and see your name in lights!!

I've been reporting on the Pope, not that I would have any issues with his late holiness, but I did. I am hoping that God will speak with a resounding voice and NOT have another "Conservative" pope in office this coming week. I am a Catholic but first and foremost I am a Gay Catholic and I have my issues with holy mother church.

There are alot of things I could say about this pope, but what needs to be said has been said here already! Check the archives. May he rest in Peace, and May God have been merciful as well. We cannot afford to have Ratzinger in the Helm of the Catholic Church or there will be Hell to pay.

I had to go to Anchorage tonight, I co-chair a recovery meeting at a rehab center not far from home on Monday Nights. It is sad, but two of my friends that were inpatient are now AWOL, from the rehab this night, and i fear the worst. But as I know, they are in God's hands tonight. I am hoping they show up at my home group tomorrow night.

I have to look into a new gym membership this week and get myself out of the house now that it is finally getting nice outside. I walked to the rehab tonight and I stopped and looked in several gardens on the way and one can see new shoots from bulbs peeking up through the dirt in many places. The grass is starting to grow in the green spaces and gardens. There was even a garden with full blooming flowers in it. The trees are starting to bud out and green shoots are appearing on branches all over the place.

The trash is disappearing from the snow ridden holes all over town, and the sidewalks are being resurfaced and repaved. They are working quick in the downtown quarter.

I realized that there are a few young people into God who stopped by tonight, yes we do religion here, in my own little way. I am a heretic in many religious persons eye, but who gives a shit about them. How can one be Gay and Religious?? well ask and I will tell you. I am a religion major at Concordia University - I begin my 3rd year ( MY GOD has it been 3 years already?) time flies when you are having fun. Yup - year three begins in May.

Wrestling !!! I love wrestling, NO not that fake throw men around the mat shit, but real amateur wrestling. I wrestled in school for a little while until I found a pool ! then I became a swimmer into college my first year of University, Many years ago. I haven't gotten back into sports this year yet. My body has been through the mill, if you were a regular reader you'd know the story. But I am feeling great and i think this year I will expand my horizons a little bit.

Whatever you think, of people and places, stick around and find out the truth behind the writing. You will find alot of stuff here, informative and experience based. You might find some recovery thrown in here as well as a lot of Daoism. Did I mention that I am reading Dam Millman's (The journey of Socrates!!) Fantastic book. I am taking my sweet time reading this. Was I surprised to see him quoting Lao Tzu in one chapter !!! Oh MY Gosh !!

Learn what it is like to live in my head: what this cat is strange, he's Gay, Hiv Positive, believes in God and studies Religion in University, he likes sports and talks about spirituality, hes married to his partner now 5 months. Who is this person, well get on board and find out!!!

You will get an education if you stick around long enough and read some of the men I read every day like: Written Inc, The World according to Chuck, The Real Live Preacher, The Preacherboys Hideout, Robbymac and the Satellite of Blog. There are a whole buncj more of really great blogs to read here as well. So join the ride and enjoy.

1. IT'S ALL ABOUT PERSPECTIVE
2. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE JOURNEY
3. GO WITH THE FLOW
4. YOU ARE RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ON YOUR JOURNEY AT ANY GIVEN MOMENT.
5. REMEMBER TO STOP AND TALK TO OTHER JOURNEYMEN/WOMEN WHO ARE ON THE ROAD WITH YOU, THEY MIGHT HAVE A PART OF YOUR ROADMAP YOU JUST MIGHT NEED FOR TODAY OR TOMORROW.
6. WE ONLY HAVE TODAY
7. STAY IN YOUR DAY
8. WASTED TIME IS WASTED TIME
9. TIME IS A PRECIOUS COMMODITY, ONCE WASTED IT CAN NEVER BE REGAINED
10. LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BE BITTER, ANGRY OR RESENTFUL
11. LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE - WE DO ALOT OF OPRAH HERE !! GET USED TO IT.
AND 12
THERE ARE ALWAYS TWELVE
12. LIVE ----- EASY ----- BUT ----- THINK ----- FIRST !!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home