Thursday, April 14, 2005

Fridays Feast (April 15th)

Appetizer
What was your first "real" job?

My first "real job" was at Winn Dixie grocery store right near my home when I was in Junior High School. I loved that job, i learned alot from that first experience. I was a bag boy and stock person. That's the first time I met an Angel!! He was an old man wearing a red/black checkered jacket and black beret. I was bagging groceries and a checkout girl was fighting with a spanish lady over language on her checkout. This man, out of no where said to me, that I had a gift and that I should use it !! I could speak a second language. I did not know this man nor ever met him before. So I translated for the lady in line and she got her groceries. This (Angel) I called him, walked into the store and never came out. I never saw him again in the store after that. I worked up front all night and I closed, he never came out !!

Soup
Where would you go if you wanted to spark your creativity?

Um, good question. Climbing the mountain is one place that sparks my creativity. Walking through a forest is another place I like to go. The other place would be the Old Port of Montreal, with the artists and musicians that are out on the green spaces and Place Cartier.

Salad
Complete this sentence: I am embarrassed when...

I am embarrassed when I talk about my ignorant and estranged family.

Main Course
What values did your parents instill in you?

Um, my mother taught me to be a good caregiver and a great home maker. She taught me to be proud of who I am, even though she walked away when she found out I was gay. My mother has a quality about her that I REMEMBER who she was. My mother once taught me to keep traditions of ones heritage alive, which I am the (story keeper) of my family. Alot of the things she taught me, she no longer respects or does herself. I owe that to my arrogant and ignorant father.My father gave me a serious stubborn streak. I think about him when I have to make decisions about life, because I watched him grow up as a man, which is now applicable to where I am in my life. My father was a provider, but he was also abusive and a drunk. I have tried to break the cycle with my life. I don't think about what values they taught me because I am SO DIFFERENT than they are today. So most of the values I carry and hold dear to me came from other people and from my own observations about my family in retrospect. I built my own values, in response to the way I was raised.

Dessert
Name 3 fads from your teenage years.

1. I grew up in the 80's so there were many fads ! I was a Duran Duran zoot suit freak...
2. I owned a Rubix Cube...
3. I owned several pairs of Parachute pants
4. I wore white capezio shoes with my Duran Duran suits ( i wanted to be Roger )
5. I owned a pair of Deck Shoes
6. I loved the "Love Boat and Fantasy Island"
7. I was a music freak
8. We drank ALOT as teen agers. Heavy Metal Vomit Parties were normal every weekend.
9. The Van Halen/Pink Floyd Laser Light Show was something we did every weekend.
10. The Rocky Horror Picture Show at the Coconut Grove Theatre was BIG then as well.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home