Sunday, January 09, 2005

A Call to Fishermen, Boat and Ship builders

I have been thinking about this for the last few days, seeing the pictures come in from the tsunami affected areas. So many men, and families and livelyhoods depend on fishing. So many of their boats are laid up and need repair, and the money to repair them and get them seaworthy will not come fast enough.

I don't know who's reading this, but I know there are many of you who could spread this request from your points of contact. So join me in calling on nations with fishing and shipbuilding capabilities to come forward and maybe help us get these many fisherman back on the water.

I don't know what I can do from here, but raise this concern to my readers and see where this leads. I know that there are many readers from Europe and the U.K. And I have Canadian readers as well. Let's find a way to help these men get back to living. Along with Aid Monies, the need for rebuilding is still so great. How will these people feed their families and by their fishing feed entire villages and towns.

Is there something the world can do aside from giving money, like finding people who could HELP these people get some of their lives back in order. It all begins with a question.

So Here are my Questions?

1. Are you a boat builder?
2. Can you find a way to help rebuild boats and docks?
3. Do you know of a company or people that could assist us in this effort?
4. Are you bored with your everyday life and want to go do something greater than yourself?

This remains the season of giving. What can I do to help these people? But ask everyone out there to spread the world that this IS a dire need right now. The sooner we get these lives back to some order the sooner that people will be fed, and livelyhoods will be restored.

My call goes out to anyone out there within the reach of this post... from Canada to the rest of the world. I know WE CAN make a difference.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home